City of Tamarac Summer Camp Registration Now Open
- Camp dates and times: Camp will be held from June 21st to August 6th, 2021 for children from the ages of 5-12 years old.
- How to register: Packets are available for pick up at The Tamarac Community Center or at The Tamarac Parks and Recreation building from the hours of 9 am to 6 pm.
- 1st child/resident: $672*
- 2nd child/resident: $605*
- 1st child/non-resident: $816
- 2nd child/non-resident: $734
*To qualify for the Resident rate, you must provide a copy of your driver’s license, utility bill, deed, or lease.
- More information: For more information please visit tamarac.org/237/camps or call (954) 597-3620.
Reminder: City Seeks Additional Residents to Recognize on Veterans Honor Wall
The City of Tamarac is seeking additional residents to recognize on Tamarac’s Veterans Honor Wall. Located at Veterans’ Memorial Park, this series of glass panels lists the names of veterans who currently or previously lived in Tamarac. Applications are available here: www.Tamarac.me/VetWall. Residents or their survivors may complete the form. Proof of Tamarac residency and honorable discharge from the military are required.
Reminder: City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
Join the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Foundation
Did you know about the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Foundation?
According to the organization’s Facebook page, “The Parks and Recreation Foundation of Tamarac is a 501(c)3 corporation established to support the City of Tamarac by raising funds for projects that will increase the scope, quantity and quality of Parks and Recreation programs, facilities and services. The foundation promotes and encourages the advancement of parks and recreation opportunities in Tamarac. Your donations are tax deductible. Funds raised are project/program specific and based on annual goals set by the foundation.
The Parks and Recreation Foundation of Tamarac is comprised of a citizen Board of Directors working to improve life by enhancing recreational opportunities for you!”
This year’s golf tournament is scheduled for May 14; you can learn more about the event here.
Learn more about the Foundation at their website.
Mental Health Counseling Available for Tamarac Residents
- What: Free limited sessions for Tamarac residents only by a licensed mental health therapist.
- Contact: Call counselors Lakshmi at (954) 655-7040 or Jessica at (954) 317-9460 to make an appointment. Please leave your name and phone number and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
Updated Information: City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
- The following Feeding South Florida food distribution event will be held during the times below, while supplies last.
Wednesday, April 28, 9 – 11 a.m., Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
In addition, the Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8 – 10 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.