Tamarac Joins Partnership in Feminine Hygiene Products Drive
Help the City of Tamarac make a difference by donating feminine hygiene products. All donations help girls and women in need.
Items accepted include individually wrapped pads/tampons and other hygiene products. For more information, see below:
City Seeks Additional Residents to Recognize on Veterans Honor Wall
The City of Tamarac is seeking additional residents to recognize on Tamarac’s Veterans Honor Wall. Located at Veterans’ Memorial Park, this series of glass panels lists the names of veterans who currently or previously lived in Tamarac. Applications are available here: www.Tamarac.me/VetWall. Residents or their survivors may complete the form. Proof of Tamarac residency and honorable discharge from the military are required.
Reminder: City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Starting in April on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month; this month’s dates are April 11 and April 25. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
Reminder: City Swimming Lessons Set to Start in April
Splash into the fun and learn to swim at the Caporella Aquatic Complex!
- When: April
- Where: Caporella Aquatic Complex, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Residents $45, Non-Residents $55
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3660 or see the Parks and Recreation Facebook post
- More details:
- Several levels available at various days and times
- All classes must have a minimum of three participants in order for class to take place and will have a maximum of four participants.
- Swim tests are required for all new participants prior to registration
- Birth certificate required at registration
Updated Information: City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The following Feeding South Florida food distribution events will be held during the times below, while supplies last.
Wednesday, April 12, 9 – 11 a.m., Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Blvd.
Wednesday, April 21, 9 – 11 a.m., Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
Wednesday, April 28, 9 – 11 a.m., Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
In addition, the Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8 – 10 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.