City of Tamarac Juneteenth Event
The City of Tamarac invites children and families to learn the story and significance of Juneteenth in United States history through the art of traditional African American storytelling. Enjoy games, a DJ, and free ice cream for kids.
- When: June 19, 10:00 am – Noon
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Road, Tamarac, FL 33309
- Cost: Free
- More information: Please call 954-597-3620
Reminder: June is Caribbean Heritage Month
Did you know? In 2005, the U.S. House of Representatives adopted this commemoration to “recognize the significance of Caribbean people and their descendants in the history and culture of the United States. The resolution passed the Senate in Feb. 2006 and President George H.W. Bush issued the proclamation in June 2006. Since the declaration, the White House has issued an annual proclamation recognizing June as Caribbean-American Heritage Month.”
Poolside Caribbean Heritage Month Celebration
Join the poolside celebration on Saturday, June 26th at the Caporella Aquatic Complex as Tamarac celebrates Caribbean Heritage Month. This event will include music, games, and fun activities.
When: June 26, 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Where: Caporella Aquatic Complex, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
Cost: $5 per guest
More information: Please call (954) 597-3660
Teen Summer Gym Program
Teens can now sign up for their very own gym membership!
- When: Summer Shape-Up Special Rate is good from June 1 – August 31, 2021
- Where: Tamarac Aquatic Wellness Center, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- 13-15-year-olds: $20
- 16–17-year-olds: $35
- More information: Please call (954)597-3660
City of Tamarac Men’s Basketball is Back!
- Open registration for returning players begins Monday, June 21
- Open registration for new players begins Monday, July 12
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- Tamarac residents: $95
- Non-residents: $105
- More details:
- League is for ages 35+
- Games begin August 12
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3620
Reminder: City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.