Korean War Veterans Armistice Day Observation
Join the City of Tamarac to honor those who served. Light refreshments will be served.
Did you know? According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Korean War Veterans Armistice Day marks “that date in 1953 when the shooting stopped in what is sometimes called America’s “Forgotten War.
Although the occasion doesn’t rate holiday status, it does go some way towards recognizing the sacrifice of 36,000 American lives in the three years of combat against totalitarian aggression on the Korean peninsula. Of the 5.7 million Americans in the military during the 1950-to-53 conflict, 1.8 million saw service in the Korean theater.
There remain among us some 1.15 million veterans of the Korean War era. This total includes 101,000 who also served during the Vietnam conflict in the 1960s, and nearly 12,000 who began service in World War II.”
When: July 27, 5:00 pm
Where: Veterans’ Park, 7825 Southgate Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33068
Tamarac’s Back to School Supplies Donation Drive is Now Underway
Stop by the Tamarac Community Center or The Tamarac Park Center and donate your supplies today. The donation collection period is set to end on July 31st. For more information please call the City’s Social Services Division at 954-597-3642 or visit www.Tamarac.org/Socialservices.
- When: July 6 – 31
- Where: Drop off supplies at:
- Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Items Needed:
- Composition notebooks
- Pencil sharpeners
- …and other typical school supplies
Teen Summer Gym Program
Teens can now sign up for their very own gym membership!
- When: Summer Shape-Up Special Rate is good from June 1 – August 31, 2021
- Where: Tamarac Aquatic Wellness Center, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- 13-15-year-olds: $20
- 16–17-year-olds: $35
- More information: Please call (954)597-3660
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.