Reminder: Honk for a Hero! Drive Through on September 11
When: September 11th, 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
More details: Drive through and honk your vehicle horns in gratitude for the work of the first responders serving Tamarac. Fire and police service vehicles will be present for the whole family to enjoy from the safety of your vehicles.
More information: Please call (954) 597-3620
Move with the Mayor
Join Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez for free outdoor fitness classes each month!
- Jazzercise (with Warren):
- When: September 17, 6:00 pm
- Where: Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Hi-Low Aerobics (with Carol):
- When: October 9, 4:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Zumbagold (with Maria):
- When: November 13, 10:30 am
- Where: Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr, Tamarac, FL 33319
- Yoga (with Beth):
- When: December 4, 10:30 am
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
More information: Please call (954) 597-3620.
Check out the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
Save the Date: Youth Soccer Registration Began August 30
- Registration runs from August 30 – October 8th
- Practices begin week of November 29; games begin January 8
- Skills evaluations (new players only) Wednesday, October 20 anytime between 6pm and 8pm at Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: $85 Tamarac residents; $100 non-residents
- Where: Register online at tamarac.org or in-person at 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Age: Under 6 (ages 4-5) through Under 18 (ages 14,15,16,17)
Register for the City’s next Community Garage Sale
Mark your calendars! Early registration for the City’s next Community Garage Sale opened on Monday, August 2nd.
The garage sale is scheduled for October 16, from 7:30 am to noon at Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Early Registration runs from August 2 – October 1; cost is $20 per space.
- Regular Registration runs from October 2 – October 11; cost is $35 per space.
- NOTE: At the time of registration, a separate $30 per vendor refundable cleanup deposit is required.
- More Information: contact Tamarac Parks and Recreation at (954) 597-3674.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.