Great Pumpkin Splash
- When: October 23, 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Where: Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58th Street, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: $5 per person
- More Details: Join Tamarac Parks and Recreation for this fun event. There will be spooky water fun as well as pumpkin picking and decorating!
- More information: Please call 954-597-3660.
Register Now for the 40th Annual Turkey Trot
This year, the City of Tamarac will host its 40th annual Turkey Trot 5K
- When: Thursday, November 25; race starts at 7:30 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Early Bird registration, which is just $20, ends October 15
- More information: Click here or call 954-597-3620
Drive-Through Halloween Haunt
- When: October 22, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th Street, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: Drive through the park and stop to grab a free bag of candy along with other treats. Enjoy spooky characters, decorations, and music.
- More information: Call Tamarac Parks and Recreation at 954-597-3620 or visit https://www.tamarac.org/specialevents.
- Note: Participants must stay in their vehicles.
The Community Garage Sale is Coming Up!
The garage sale is scheduled for October 16, from 7:30 am to noon at Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Late Registration ends October 11; cost is $35 per space.
- NOTE: At the time of registration, a separate $30 per vendor refundable cleanup deposit is required.
- More Information: contact Tamarac Parks and Recreation at (954) 597-3674.
Tamarac Sports Complex Basketball Courts Temporarily Closed
As of September 14, the basketball courts at the Tamarac Sports Complex closed for resurfacing. This project will take several weeks. Please continue to follow the City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation on Facebook as they will announce the reopening date as the project wraps up.
Let the City Know About Your Holiday Traditions!
Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner! The City of Tamarac wants you to share your festive and fun rituals. Your story could appear in the November/December issue of Tam-A-Gram!
Email your stories, along with pictures, to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured in the November/December issue of the Tam-A-Gram!
- All entries must be 50 words or less
- Must include a high-resolution photo that the City has permission to publish
The Next Move with the Mayor is Saturday, October 9
Join Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez for free outdoor fitness classes each month!
- Hi-Low Aerobics (with Carol):
- When: October 9, 4:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Zumbagold (with Maria):
- When: November 13, 10:30 am
- Where: Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr, Tamarac, FL 33319
- Yoga (with Beth):
- When: December 4, 10:30 am
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3620.
Children’s Taekwondo Classes Now Open for Registration
- Advantages of Taekwondo include:
- Increased Strength
- Increased Fitness
- Increased Flexibility
- Sharper Focus
- Reduced Stress and Tension
- Where: Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Beginners: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Advanced: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Where: Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: $80 residents, $90 non-residents; $70 yearly ATA membership due at first class
- Ages: five and Older
- More information: Call (954) 597-3674
- Register: Visit https://webtrac.tamarac.org/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/SPLASH.html
Check out the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.