October 31 is, of course, Halloween!
Have a fun, safe Halloween and check out these safety tips from the Broward Sheriff’s office.
Tamarac Observes Veterans Day
Join the City of Tamarac in recognizing those who served our country at the City of Tamarac Veterans Day Ceremony. The City will also unveil the 12th Veterans Honor Wall panel.
- When: The ceremony will take place on Thursday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Call 954-597-3620 or visit https://www.tamarac.org/specialevents.
Learn more about the history of Veterans Day at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Tamarac Sports Complex Basketball Courts Have Reopened
The basketball courts at the Tamarac Sports Complex, located at 9901 NW 77th Street, have reopened to the public. Stop by and play on the upgraded courts complete with a new surface and paint. All six basketball goals have new posts, acrylic backboards, and rims. They look great and according to a comment left on the City’s Facebook page, “They really look good. Thank you!!”
Tamarac Participates in Mayors’ Chess Challenge on Saturday, October 30
The Mayors’ Chess Challenge is led by Sunrise Mayor Michael J. Ryan in cooperation with Mayors in Broward County and beyond. This Challenge highlights the many academic and community benefits of chess.
According to the City of Sunrise, “Each event provides an opportunity for players of all ages, novices and experts alike, to join in the fun with elected officials and community .leaders…Players receive a Mayors’ Chess Challenge Passport so they can log their participation over the course of the school year. Those with perfect attendance will receive a prize at the end of the season.”
Click here to view a list of all participating cities, dates and times. Be sure to call before attending, as dates and locations are subject to change.
- When: October 30, 2021 – 10 am to noon
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- More information: Call 954-597-3620
Broward College Day Heads to Tamarac
Are you interested in learning about FREE skills training and certification programs offered by Broward College? You’re invited to join us for a fun community fair. This is a wonderful opportunity for Tamarac residents to learn more about career paths and opportunities in healthcare and other industries. This event is hosted by Broward College/BrowardUP program and the City of Tamarac Economic Development.
- When: Saturday, November 6, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: 7501 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Meet with over 20 experts from various industries and educational programs
- Free Giveaways
- Food Trucks
- More information: Click here
Let the City Know About Your Holiday Traditions!
Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner! The City of Tamarac wants you to share your festive and fun rituals. Your story could appear in the November/December issue of Tam-A-Gram!
Email your stories, along with pictures, to email@example.com for a chance to be featured in the November/December issue of the Tam-A-Gram!
- All entries must be 50 words or less
- Must include a high-resolution photo that the City has permission to publish
The Next Move with the Mayor is November 13
Join Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez for free outdoor fitness classes each month!
- Zumbagold (with Maria):
- When: November 13, 10:30 am
- Where: Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr, Tamarac, FL 33319
- Yoga (with Beth):
- When: December 4, 10:30 am
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3620.
Register Now for the 40th Annual Turkey Trot
This year, the City of Tamarac will host its 40th annual Turkey Trot 5K
- When: Thursday, November 25; race starts at 7:30 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Click here or call 954-597-3620
Check out the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.