Check out Tamarac’s “Eat Healthy, Be Active” Program
Tamarac’s Parks and Recreation invites you to attend “Eat Healthy, Be Active, a series of community workshops designed to promote good health and reduce the risk of chronic skin disease.
Find more details here.
For more information or to be placed on the interest list, please contact (954) 597-3642.
Broward College Day Heads to Tamarac
Are you interested in learning about FREE skills training and certification programs offered by Broward College? You’re invited to join us for a fun community fair. This is a wonderful opportunity for Tamarac residents to learn more about career paths and opportunities in healthcare and other industries. This event is hosted by Broward College/BrowardUP program and the City of Tamarac Economic Development.
- When: Saturday, November 6, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: 7501 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Meet with over 20 experts from various industries and educational programs
- Free Giveaways
- Food Trucks
- More information: Click here
Tamarac Observes Veterans Day
Join the City of Tamarac in recognizing those who served our country at the City of Tamarac Veterans Day Ceremony. The City will also unveil the 12th Veterans Honor Wall panel.
- When: The ceremony will take place on Thursday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Call 954-597-3620 or visit https://www.tamarac.org/specialevents.
Learn more about the history of Veterans Day at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Next Move with the Mayor is November 13
Join Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez for free outdoor fitness classes each month!
- Zumbagold (with Maria):
- When: November 13, 10:30 am
- Where: Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr, Tamarac, FL 33319
- Yoga (with Beth):
- When: December 4, 10:30 am
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3620.
Register Now for the 40th Annual Turkey Trot
This year, the City of Tamarac will host its 40th annual Turkey Trot 5K
- When: Thursday, November 25; race starts at 7:30 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Click here or call 954-597-3620
Check out the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Tamarac Community Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmers’ market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.