Schedule Your Virtual Call with Santa
- December 8, 9, 15, 16, 20: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- December 18: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Where: Zoom
- Cost: $5 per call
- More details:
- Each call will last about five minutes
- Register at me/events
Save the Dates
Paws with Claus
Bring your furry family members to the City’s Dog Park to enjoy the holiday fun.
- When: Saturday, December 11, 10:00 am – Noon
- Where: Gary B. Jones Park for People and Pups, 8101 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Best Dressed Holiday Hound Contest
- Have your picture taken with Santa
- Broward County Animal Care & Adoption will be at the park, for anyone interested in adopting their very own furry friend!
Tinseltown Holiday Drive-Through
- When: December 10, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: 9901 NW 77th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: Celebrate the holiday season with lights and themed décor during a festive drive-thru of Tamarac’s Tinsel Town. Experience the magic of the most wonderful time of the year from the safety and comfort of your own vehicle.
The Grinch Party
- When: December 17, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Where: 7531 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Join the City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation inside the Multipurpose Center Gymnasium to watch “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” on the big screen. Enjoy games, arts & crafts, raffles and more.
- Remember to wear your Grinch Pajamas!
- Pre-register now at me/events.
The Next Move with the Mayor is December 4
Join Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez for free outdoor fitness classes each month!
- Yoga (with Beth):
- When: December 4, 10:30 am
- Where: Caporella Park, 5200 Prospect Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3620.
Menorah Lighting and Kosher Food Tasting at Publix
- When: Sunday, December 5, 5:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Town Square, 8245 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: Visit Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac here.
Check out Tamarac’s “Eat Healthy, Be Active” Program
Tamarac’s Parks and Recreation invites you to attend “Eat Healthy, Be Active,” a series of community workshops designed to promote good health and reduce the risk of chronic skin disease.
Find more details here.
For more information or to be placed on the interest list, please contact (954) 597-3642.
Check out the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the city and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.