Early Voting Has Begun!
Yes, voting is a “Thing to Do,” and even better, bring the kids with you if you can!
While turnout for a “special election” such as this one is usually low, making sure that our local voice is heard in Washington, D.C. is very important.
- More information:
- Early voting runs from now through January 9 for the U.S. House of Representative District 20 seat. You can find important information, and read more about the candidates, on Ballotpedia.
- Early voting is available at the Tamarac Branch Library, 8701 W. Commercial Blvd., open 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sample ballots, and more details, are available at the Broward Supervisor of Elections site.
- You can also learn more at the State of Florida Division of Elections here.
Youth Basketball Registration is Now Open
- Registration began on January 3, 2022
- Practice begins the week of Tuesday March 22
- Games begin on April 2
- Where: Player evaluations will take place at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- $85 Resident
- $100 Non-resident
- More information: click here
UPDATE: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Unity March has been canceled
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Tamarac has decided to cancel the 2022 Martin Luther King Jr. Day Unity March.
Reminders: Check Out More City Activities
Tamarac’s “Eat Healthy, Be Active” Program
Tamarac’s Parks and Recreation invites you to attend “Eat Healthy, Be Active,” a series of community workshops designed to promote good health and reduce the risk of chronic skin disease.
Find more details here.
For more information or to be placed on the interest list, please contact (954) 597-3642.
The Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the city and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.