Holiday Note: All City of Tamarac offices are closed on Friday, December 24 and Friday, December 31. City parks will be open on all holidays except Christmas Day.
This holiday season, BSO reminds you to stay safe. You can also sign up for one of BSO’s several “Safety” programs, including “Vacation Home Watch.”
Did You Know?
BSO Vacation Home Check: According to BSO, “BSO offers residents in its jurisdictions a free Vacation Home Check program. Deputies will drive by unoccupied residences and perform a daily perimeter check for signs of break-in or suspicious activity. To participate, call or stop by your district office and request a vacation home check form. You must provide the dates and times your home will be unoccupied with a contact phone number of a trusted neighbor or local relative. If you live outside a BSO jurisdiction, notify your local police department that you are leaving town and provide them with the dates you will be away and an emergency phone number.”
Save the Date: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Unity March
Join in the celebration of Tamarac’s diversity and help bring our community together on January 17th.
- When: January 17, 8:30 am
- Where: Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Free
- More details:
- The march begins at Tamarac Park and ends at Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Entertainment and refreshments will be available at City Hall after the march.
- You can pre-register here; the first 100 registrants will receive a free T-shirt.
Check Out More Great City Activities
Tamarac’s “Eat Healthy, Be Active” Program
Tamarac’s Parks and Recreation invites you to attend “Eat Healthy, Be Active,” a series of community workshops designed to promote good health and reduce the risk of chronic skin disease.
Find more details here.
For more information or to be placed on the interest list, please contact (954) 597-3642.
The Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Veterans Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: For more information, call 954-597-3620.
City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Note: For further details on Tamarac’s Social Services programs, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the city and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.