Reminder: Black History Month: Story Walk
In celebration of Black History Month, Tamarac Parks and Recreation presents Story Walk.
- When: Saturday, February 13, 10:00 am – noon
- Where: Waters Edge Park
- Cost: Free
- More details: In celebration of Black History Month, Tamarac Parks and Recreation presents Story Walk. Take a stroll through Waters Edge Park and enjoy a free interactive reading of Nathalie and Alex Gross’: We All Belong, a story about diversity, race, and empathy. Each child will receive a free book while supplies last. Also, on-site will be authors Bianca Ukah and Kamiesha Anderson-Wieder, the authors of “Binky the Mermaid”.
Please note that masks and social distancing are required!
- More information: Please call (954)597-3674 or visit https://www.facebook.com/events/891751428245851.
Valentine’s Day Cake and Sip Class at Sweet Realities
- When: February 14, 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Where: Sweet Realities, 7425 Northwest 57th Street, Tamarac, FL 33319
- Cost: $70 per person, includes all supplies and two glasses of house wine
- Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/valentines-day-cake-and-sip-class-tickets-138198271751
- More details: Support local business and attend what Sweet Realities bills as “The perfect Valentine’s Day class. Bring a date, friend, or come solo! Learn how to decorate your very own heart drip vanilla cake. Take your cake home and show off your new skills.”
Reminder: City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City will be opening its Food Pantry to qualified residents the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month while supplies last!
- When: By appointment on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
- More Information: Click here for more information.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.