No Meetings Scheduled This Week
- At the time of this writing, there are no meetings scheduled for the week of December 27.
- Reminder that all City of Tamarac offices are closed on Friday, December 24 and Friday, December 31. City parks are open on all holidays except Christmas Day.
Check Out Tamarac at a Glance
This informative piece is a great, quick primer on the City of Tamarac, and includes many important phone numbers that may come in handy. Here are just a few highlights:
- Tamarac provides access to highways, railways, airports and waterways, and a wealth of cultural and sports activities. Tamarac covers a 12-square mile area and is home to more than 60,000 residents and approximately 2,000 businesses.
- The city offers Housing Assistance programs, including a first-time homebuyer program and a Housing Rehabilitation program.
- Tamarac’s Senior program currently boasts over 800 members who participate in a wide range of activities for a nominal annual fee.
To read the full “Guide to the City for Your Life,” click here.
Get to Know Tamarac’s Strategic Plan
Have you checked out the city’s Strategic Plan lately? There are six overarching goals:
- Tamarac is Home
- Tamarac is Safe and People Know It
- Tamarac is Economically Resilient
- Tamarac is Vibrant
- Tamarac is Smart and Connected
- Tamarac is a Dynamic Workplace
To see the full strategic plan, click here.
Tamarac Plans to Resume Water Shut-Off Policy on February 22, 2022
Effective February 1, 2022, the City of Tamarac will reinstitute its policy for water shut-offs and late fee assessments on past due accounts. To learn more or to make additional payment arrangements, please contact Customer Service at CustomerServiceDivision@Tamarac.org or (954) 597-3590, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Administrative Coordinator in the Community Development Department to an Events Specialist position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321