Reminder: Drive-Through COVID Testing Available
- See full details here
City Commission Workshop
- When: January 24, 10:00 am
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, or you can watch online here
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Board
- When: January 24, 4:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- The Board will discuss Black History Month as well as the Board’s goals
- Click here for the full agenda (this link will open a PDF of the agenda)
City Commission Meeting
- When: January 26, 9:30 am
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321 or watch online here.
- More details:
- When published, the agenda will be available here
Construction Begins at Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard
- When: Broward County’s Highway Construction and Engineering Division was slated to begin construction at the intersection of Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard on January 11, 2022, and expects to conclude in September 2022.
- More details:
The project will include:
- Additional storage capacity for the eastbound, westbound and southbound left turning lanes
- Drainage improvements
- Construction of mast arm supported traffic signalization
- Milling and resurfacing and upgraded pedestrian ramps, signage and pavement markings
Turnpike Widening Public Meeting
- When: January 18 (virtual) at 5:30 pm; January 19 (in-person) from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Where: You may participate virtually at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18, 2022, or participate in-person from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at the Signature Grand, 6900 State Road 84, in Davie.
- More details: Visit the project site to register and for more information.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from a Building Maintenance Technician to a Summer Camp Site Supervisor position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Tamarac Plans to Resume Water Shut-Off Policy on February 22, 2022
Effective February 1, 2022, the City of Tamarac will reinstitute its policy for water shut-offs and late fee assessments on past due accounts. To learn more or to make additional payment arrangements, please contact Customer Service at CustomerServiceDivision@Tamarac.org or (954) 597-3590, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321