- City Offices Closed in Observance of Memorial Day, May 30
- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here
Mark your calendars for the 2022 Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
During this year’s Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday, consumers can buy qualifying disaster preparedness supplies which are exempt from state sales tax.
Many items qualify, including pet supplies. Be sure to check the full list at the link below and stock up so you’re prepared.
- When: May 28 – June 10
- More details:
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: June 1, 2:00 pm
- Where: 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: The full agenda is available here (opens a PDF)
Save the Date: Monthly Meeting with District 1 Commissioner Marlon Bolton
Every month, you have an opportunity to provide one-on-one community feedback to District 1 Commissioner Marlon Bolton.
When: The fourth Wednesday of each month from 4:00 pm to sundown
Where: District 1 Mobile Office, Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr., Tamarac, FL 33319
Apply for the City’s Compost Rebate Program
Composting is a great, green way to recycle items such as fruit or vegetable scraps and yard trimmings, providing important nutrients for garden soil. It also helps retain moisture, which can save water, help prevent erosion, and loosen compacted soil, resulting in better drainage.
If you’re a Tamarac resident, you may qualify for a $50 rebate through this program, whether you’re a single-family homeowner choosing an outdoor unit, or a multifamily resident purchasing a countertop unit.
- When: The original sales receipt must be dated between March 1, 2022, and September 30, 2022.
- More details:
- The rebate must be submitted by a Tamarac resident who currently resides at the home, either a tenant or an owner-occupier.
- Landlords are not eligible to claim a rebate for their rental properties.
- The program is for residential customers only, commercial requests are not eligible.
- Funds are limited, offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once funds are depleted, rebates are no longer available for the fiscal year and any unfunded applications will be returned to the applicant.
- For full details and additional guidelines, click here.
- More information: Call the Public Services Department at 954-597-3700 or visit the City’s Composting Program webpage here.
Construction Continues at Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard
- When: Broward County’s Highway Construction and Engineering Division construction is expected to conclude in September 2022.
- Where: The intersection of Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard
- More details:
The project will include:
- Additional storage capacity for the eastbound, westbound, and southbound left turning lanes
- Drainage improvements
- Construction of mast arm supported traffic signalization
- Milling and resurfacing and upgraded pedestrian ramps, signage, and pavement markings
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Assistant Director of Community Development to a Summer Camp Site Supervisor and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321