Attention Local Businesses! Learn to Grow Your Business Through Exporting
Hosted by the Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development, the upcoming Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo (FITCE) takes place on Nov 17-18. This is a unique business opportunity to engage high-level government leaders, international trade experts, and delegations from around the world. To register for free general admission, visit www.FITCExpo.com.
- When: November 17 – 18, 2021
- Where: Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
- Cost: General Admission is free
- More information: Click here
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board “Bus Tour”
- When: November 22, 4:00 pm
- Where: 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: Members of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board will be taking a bus tour of City of Tamarac Parks.
- More information: Learn more about the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board here.
Development Review Committee
- When: November 24, 9:15 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall Conference Room 105, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: As of this writing, there is one item agenda: A Major Site Plan for a Dunkin Donuts at 7001 NW 88th
- More information: For more information, click here.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from Engineering Construction Inspector/Plans Examiner to a Senior Accountant position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321