Northwest Council of Elected Officials
- When: November 8, 12:00 pm
- Where: Willie L. Webb Sr. Park (Auditorium), 3601 NW 21st Street, Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319; in-person or virtual.
- More details:
- The speaker will be Sidney C. Calloway, partner at Shutts & Bowen, LLP and Lauderdale Lakes City Attorney; the topic will be The 2nd Amendment Issue Related to Home-based Businesses.
- Click here for the full agenda
- Note: One or more of the City’s elected officials may attend in-person or virtually.
City Commission Meeting
When: November 10, 7:00 pm
Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, or watch online here.
More details: When published, the full agenda will be available here.
Tamarac’s Amazon Fulfillment Center is in Full Swing
Did you know that this past summer, Amazon opened its nearly 180,000-square-foot fulfillment center at the Tamarac Commerce Park? According to Tamarac Economic Development, this center is “known as a sub-same day (SSD) fulfillment center.” This means that it’s located near customers to enable Amazon to quickly deliver products, often with just five hours of placing an order.
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Launches Campaign to Re-Engage Students
BCPS is looking to re-engage students who have not returned to school for the 2021/2022 school year. If you know or are aware of a student who is not attending school or not attending school regularly, contact BCPS at 754-321-1767 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be helping a child get the quality education needed to reach their highest potential. For more information, download the re-engagement toolkit: https://bit.ly/3G1qBpw.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or email@example.com.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from Building Maintenance Technician to a Structural Inspector position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321