The City of Tamarac has announced a grant program to support eligible small businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. The $100,000 in funds are sourced from the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) CARES Act Emergency funds.
Important Things to Know About the Grants*:
- The Application Period Begins at 9:00 am Monday, August 24, 2020 and ends at 5:00 pm Friday, August 28, 2020
- There are specific business owner income requirements
- Grants will be in the amount of $5,000
- Businesses must:
- have a valid Tamarac Business Revenue Receipt
- have been operating in Tamarac for at least 12 months prior to March 1, 2020
- have 15 or fewer employees, including the owner(s)
- be located within the Tamarac City Limits
- have experienced loss of income due to COVID-19
*This list highlights key grant program requirements. For a full list of required documentation and FAQs, visit: https://www.tamarac.org/DocumentCenter/View/8417/Small-Business-Stablization-Grant-Required-Documentation–FAQs.
The City’s priority is to help small, independently owned companies selling products and services to their customers face-to-face.
Business that do not qualify:
- National franchises or chains
- Home-based businesses
- Businesses restricted to patrons above the age of 18 (e.g. bars and cannabis retailers)
The funds will be awarded directly to the selected businesses via direct deposit and are to be put toward the business operating expenses, for example rent, mortgage, payroll and/or utilities.
Qualifying businesses who submit completed applications with all required documentation will be awarded the grant on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted.
Applications will be posted on the City website at 9:00 am on Monday, August 24. All submissions will be timestamped.
Businesses can complete the online application and submit the required documentation at www.Tamarac.org/EconomicDevelopment.
- Businesses can also drop off a completed paper application and the required documentation at Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321. Businesses are responsible for downloading and printing the application; the City will not distribute application forms.
- Paper applications must be organized, labeled, and placed in a SEALED envelope with required supporting documentation
- Bring your application and supporting documentation to City Hall during the application period
- Collect a time-stamped label at the City Hall main front door during business hours (the building is currently closed to the public but building security and the City Clerk’s office will assist)
Place the time-stamped label on the sealed envelope (all envelopes must have this label) and leave the envelope with City Hall staff