On October 29, the City issued Coronavirus Update #64; highlights of this update are below:
“With COVID-19 cases rising in Florida, the City encourages residents to continue to wear facial coverings and to follow social distancing guidelines. You can monitor the latest case information from the Florida Department of Health at http://bit.ly/FLDoH19.
Food Distribution Events
The following Feeding South Florida food distribution events will be held during the stated times, while supplies last.
- November 2, 9 – 11 am, Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Blvd.
- November 11, 9 – 11 am, Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
- November 18, 9 – 11 am, Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
- November 23, 9 – 11 am, Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Blvd.
In addition, the Korean United Methodist Church at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd. is hosting its food distribution events from 8 – 10 am on Saturdays.
Assistance Programs for Residents
Open enrollment is now underway for the following programs to help Tamarac residents financially impacted by COVID-19. Applications and information can be found at www.Tamarac.org/Housing.
- The Emergency Repair Program: Provides homeowners assistance with repairs to roofs or other major components of homes deemed necessary by an inspector.
- The Connectivity and Technology for Employment Support Program: Offers eligible applicants an 8-inch tablet and two years of connectivity to help with their job and employment searches.
- The Residential Assistance Program: Provides residents assistance with rent, mortgage, past due HOA fees, re-housing and utility bills. (City staff is diligently processing applications from the second and third rounds of applications.)
Grants for Small Businesses and Non-Profits
The Broward County Commission established a grant program using CARES Act funds to help small businesses and non-profits in the County mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. Enrollment starts Monday, November 9. Information on the application process and required documents are available at www.Broward.org/Cares.”