Chambers of Commerce have existed in one form or another for thousands of years. According to the Avon Park Chamber of Commerce, “The beginning of the Trade association’s movement can be traced back almost 6,000 years to the City of Mari in Mesopotamia. But those early associations of traders had little in common with Chambers of Commerce as we know them today.”
Modern-day Chambers look very different, of course. And today, joining the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce is a great way to learn more about local businesses and meet local business leaders.
The Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber is in the business of “Bringing people and business together” and fostering “a culture of growth driving revenue back to your business by connecting community and business to create economic vitality.”
Why Join the Chamber of Commerce?
The Chamber website provides a great list of 20 reasons to join the Chamber; here are just a few:
- The Chamber offers visibility, exposure, credibility, advocacy, and access to City hall/political leadership and access to knowledge (SCORE) and similar organizations and people.
- [We are] just the right size Chamber to make an impact: not too big, not too small. Tamarac and North Lauderdale are fast changing fast growing communities. We are fun relaxed group making networking enjoyable, building proper relationships along the way.
- The Chamber of Commerce allows individuals and businesses to make a difference by connecting them to important community issues.
- The Chamber of Commerce creates a stronger, more dynamic and prosperous business community.
- The Chamber of Commerce improves the social and economic vitality of the community in ways that enhance the quality of life for all.
- The Chamber of Commerce is knowledgeable and involved in issues that are important to business members, such as education, healthcare, and the cultural vitality of the community.
- The Chamber of Commerce offers members unique programs and services that they cannot find in other membership organizations.
- The Chamber of Commerce offers programs and services tailored to the unique and changing needs of the community.
- Today’s Chamber of Commerce is an advocate for its broad and diverse member businesses, providing leadership in critical business, social and civic issues.
The Chamber Supports Small Business Saturday®
This year’s Small Business Saturday® is on November 28. Sponsored by American Express, which founded the program in 2010 (in the midst of a recession), the purpose of Small Business Saturday®, which always falls on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, to “encourage people to Shop Small and bring more holiday shopping to small businesses.”
How to Learn More
To learn more, visit Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber https://www.tnlcoc.org/
Follow the Chamber on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/tnlcoc.org