Whether you’re just starting a business, looking to network, relocate your business, or anything in between, the City of Tamarac has a great page on their website with links to a variety of small business resources.
The resources range from City of Tamarac programs to Broward County, state of Florida and federal initiatives.
Some of the available resources include:
- City of Tamarac Business Revenue Division: According to the City website, “The City of Tamarac invites you to do business in our city. We offer expedited permitting, Business Revenue Receipt (Occupational License) issuances, Economic Development Programs, License Guides, and a Builders Guide. We are here to assist you in opening your business and doing what we can to insure your success.”
- Broward (County) Office of Economic and Small Business Development (OESBD): The OESBD offers webinars covering a wide range of topics, a weekly Business Assistance Newsletter, how to become a certified vendor, and much more.
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance: Known as the “primary economic development organization for Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County,” the Alliance “focuses on creating, attracting, expanding and retaining high-wage jobs and capital investment in high value targeted industries, developing more vibrant communities, and improving the quality of life for our area’s citizens.” The provide a range of economic development services for local businesses.
- SCORE Broward: SCORE (the Service Corp of Retired Executives) has served as “America’s premiere source of free business mentoring and education” for over 50 years. SCORE is a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA); during the past five decades, SCORE has helped over 11 million entrepreneurs realize their dreams. From free business mentoring to workshops and webinars, SCORE is a virtual one-stop shop for building your business.
- Enterprise Florida: This is the state of Florida’s highly touted official economic development organization. As a public-private partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders, it is “the principal economic development organization for Florida whose mission is “to expand and diversify the state’s economy through job creation.”
- “Business USA,” now found on “USA.gov”, is a set of federal government programs and opportunities for businesses large and small. You can learn how to finance your business through government-backed loans, explore how to become a federal government contractor, and much, much more.
For more information, visit https://www.tamarac.org/927/Small-Business-Resources.