The City of Tamarac has received $255,000 in Coronavirus Relief Funds from the Florida Housing Finance Corporation (Florida Housing), which was created by the state legislature in 1980 to assist in providing a range of affordable housing opportunities for Florida residents. Tamarac is also slated to receive a second distribution after October 15, 2020.
The program is designed to assist residents who have been impacted by the Coronavirus and have suffered either a loss of income or significant reduction in income. Recipients of these grants may receive up to three months of assistance up to a maximum of $5000.
What Types of Assistance Are Available?
- Mortgage assistance – including late payments, late fees, PITI, HOA dues, condominium fees and other related fees that can help prevent foreclosure
- Rental assistance – including late payments, late fees and charges, and future rent payments to help prevent eviction
- Re-entry/Eviction Prevention – including security and utility deposits
- Utility – including payments for water, electricity, and gas; late payments, fees, and charges to prevent the discontinuation of essential services
What Is the Application Period?
The application period begins at 10:00 am on August 31, 2020 and ends at 5:00 pm on September 4, 2020
How Can I Apply?
Applications can be submitted:
- Via the City website
- By Mail*
- Dropped off at City Hall*
*Applications must still be downloaded from the website
Submit paper applications to:
Attention: Housing Division
7525 NW 88th Ave
Tamarac, FL 33321
Key Program Requirements
- Verifiable and documented income hardship; household income must not exceed 120% of the Area Median Income as follows:
- Housing unit must be located within the City of Tamarac
- Completed application
- Utility bill(s) must be in the name of the applicant or an adult member of the household
- For mortgage assistance, the home must be (1) homesteaded and (2) the primary residence of the owner
- Eligible housing units are single-family homes, townhomes, and apartments
- Mobile homes are not eligible for this program
- Residents with federally insured mortgages or subsidized rents are not eligible to participate in this program
How Are Recipients Chosen?
Applications will be processed on a “First Come, First Ready, First Served” basis
Who Receives the Money?
Checks will be issued directly to the landlord, mortgage lender and/or utility provider
Do I Have to Pay This Money Back?
No; this is a grant
Where Can I Learn More?
If you have questions, need additional information, or have a reasonable accommodation request, contact the Housing Division at 954-597-3549.
For a full program description, visit https://tamarac.org/367/Housing-Administration