On Sunday evening, May 31, 2020, Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry issued a “State of Local Emergency” declaration implementing a countywide curfew.
According to the declaration (which can be found here), the State of Local Emergency is for a seven-day period but can be cancelled prior to the seven-day period, extended beyond it, or modified, by action of the Broward County Administrator.
TOP FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE CURFEW:
- The curfew is in effect between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am
- All of Broward county is subject to this curfew
- The following are the only exceptions to this curfew:
- Active-duty police
- Fire-rescue personnel
- Other first responders
- Medical, healthcare, and utility service personnel
- Persons going directly from their home to their place of employment, or going directly from their place of employment to home
- Persons walking their dogs or other pets, within 250 feet of their place of residence
- Members of the media while in the course of conducting their business
- This curfew covers streets and sidewalks within the County
- At this time, Broward County Transit is running on its current schedule
Note that municipalities may also have issued their own curfews. Be sure to check the City of Tamarac website, Facebook page or Twitter feed for additional updates.