On Sunday evening, May 31, 2020, Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry issued a “State of Local Emergency” declaration implementing a countywide curfew.
According to the declaration (which can be found here), the State of Local Emergency is for a seven-day period but can be cancelled prior to the seven-day period, extended beyond it, or modified, by action of the Broward County Administrator.
TOP FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE CURFEW:
- The curfew is in effect between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am
- All of Broward county is subject to this curfew
- The following are the only exceptions to this curfew:
- Active-duty police
- Fire-rescue personnel
- Other first responders
- Medical, healthcare, and utility service personnel
- Persons going directly from their home to their place of employment, or going directly from their place of employment to home
- Persons walking their dogs or other pets, within 250 feet of their place of residence
- Members of the media while in the course of conducting their business
- This curfew covers streets and sidewalks within the County
- At this time, Broward County Transit is running on its current schedule