During this current fiscal year, the City of Tamarac is embarking on over a dozen capital improvement projects. It is also in the midst of half a dozen ongoing projects, and is wrapping up its Comprehensive Signage Program. Only one project, the Public Safety Complex Feasibility Study (Districts – 1, 3 & 4), is on hold.
Here are just two of the many projects happening:
- The District 1 East Side Water Distribution System Expansion: This project will extend the western part of the City’s existing water distribution system (currently served by the City, known as “Tamarac Utility West”) to the east side of the City, which is currently served by the City of Fort Lauderdale (“Tamarac Utility East”). This project will allow the city to better manage the quality and cost of distributing water, and will give Tamarac complete control of the potable water supplied to businesses and residents city-wide.
- Estimated Start Date:Fall 2020 (design)
- Estimated Completion Date:Fall 2023
- Current Status:The design contract for this project was approved at the June 24, 2020 Commission Meeting. Discussions with SFWMD, site visits/information gathering, and a feasibility study will be completed over the next several months.
- The District 4 NW 70th Avenue Traffic Calming Project: This project includes the design, permitting and construction of the NW 70th Avenue Traffic Calming Project. This is an in-house design project which includes the installation of speed humps and roundabouts on NW 70th Avenue, between McNab Road and NW 77th Street.
- Estimated Start Date:Summer 2020
- Estimated Completion Date:Summer 2021
- Current Status:This project is being funded through the County Surtax Program; as such, the bid package for this project must be reviewed and approved by the County’s Office of Economic and Small Business Development and Legal Department staff prior to going out for bid. City staff is currently awaiting approval from the County prior to going out for bid through the City’s competitive bidding process.
To learn more, visit https://www.tamarac.org/585/Capital-Improvement-Projects.