Reminder: “Bake it On Wheels” Comes to Tamarac Just in Time for Mother’s Day
Come out and enjoy a baking with Mom activity just in time for Mother’s Day.
- When: May 8, 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Where: Tamarac Park, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: $15
- More details:
- More information: Please call (954) 597-3674
- When: May 15th
- Where: Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Free
- More details: Space is limited, and pre-registration is required; please pre-register here
- More information: Call 954-597-3660
Bike with Mike
District 2 Commissioner Mike Gelin will host his first Bike with Mike event!! Come out to this family-friendly, five-mile ride through the City. BSO Tamarac District will be in attendance for safety, and music trucks will create a fun atmosphere.
- When: May 22; check in/Registration starts at 10:30 am and community ride starts at 11:00 am.
- Where: The ride starts at Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave., Tamarac, FL 33321. The route will take participants through scenic Tamarac neighborhoods and some of Tamarac’s popular parks.
- Cost: Free
- More details:
- Children ages 8 and up and adults can participate. Children must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Advance registration and event waivers are required; the registration deadline is Thursday, May 20th.
- Bike with Mike will be emceed by radio personality Papa Keith, representing the nonprofit, Papa Keith 4 People Matter.
- Ten-time national cycling champion Rahsaan Bahati will also be in attendance
- Food trucks and other vendors will be selling a variety of tasty treats including cupcakes, fresh smoothies, and snacks before and after the ride.
- Safety Requirements: Bicycle helmets and masks required.
- The Bike with Mike community ride follows several early-morning competitive rides hosted by Level Up Cycling. Visit LevelUpCyclingMovement.com for information on the competitive rides.
- More information: Call (954) 913-0299 or email Gelin@Tamarac.org.
Reminder: Feminine Hygiene product drive runs through May 17; click here for more information
Reminder: City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
May Food Distributions in Tamarac
- When: Monday, May 17, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Where: Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351
- When: Wednesday, May 26, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Where: Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33309
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
- The following Feeding South Florida food distribution event will be held during the times below, while supplies last.
Wednesday, April 28, 9 – 11 a.m., Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
In addition, the Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8 – 10 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.