Sundaes on Saturday with Tamarac District 3 Commissioner and Vice Mayor Elvin Villalobos
- When: May 29, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th Street, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Free
- More details:
- Sundaes will be served from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., while supplies last
- Live DJ
- Activities and Games
- The Blood Mobile will be on site; donate blood in honor of our veterans! (Early sign-ups are requested but walk-ins are welcome.)
- More information: Call 954-597-3620 or click here
Reminder: City of Tamarac Memorial Day Ceremony on May 31
Join friends and neighbors to pay tribute to those who gave their lives to protect our freedom. This year’s ceremony will include a Presentation of Colors by the Tamarac Fire Rescue Honor Guard, the national anthem sung by Chantal Deshaies, and a keynote speech by Lieutenant Commander Benjamin S. Sorensen, who is currently a Department Head for a Navy Reserve unit at U.S. Southern Command. Face masks and social distancing required. The city thanks HUMANA for sponsoring this event.
If you can’t attend in person, you’ll be able to watch live at Tamarac.org/TV and on the City’s Facebook page.
- When: May 31, 10:30 am
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33068
Reminder: Family Fun Day in Celebration of Caribbean Heritage Month
Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 5 from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm to celebrate Caribbean Heritage Month.
Did you know? In 2005, the U.S. House of Representatives adopted this commemoration to “recognize the significance of Caribbean people and their descendants in the history and culture of the United States. The resolution passed the Senate in Feb. 2006 and President George H.W. Bush issued the proclamation in June 2006. Since the declaration, the White House has issued an annual proclamation recognizing June as Caribbean-American Heritage Month.”
On June 5, the City of Tamarac’s Parks and Recreation hosts a Family Fun Day in honor of Caribbean Heritage Month. Come out and enjoy:
- The park’s splash pad
- Event activities
- Live music from the T-Wave Band
- A steel drum performance
More information: Call 954-597-3620 or visit www.tamarac.org/specialevents
Reminder: City Provides Residents Free Rides to the Tamarac Farmers’ Market
- When: On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The shuttle service will pick up residents from their homes prior to 10:00 am; the return shuttle will leave the park at 12:00 pm.
- Where: The Farmers Market is held at Veterans Memorial Park
- More information: Please call 954-597-3649.
- More details: This free service is available for Tamarac Residents only
City of Tamarac Food Pantry Open to Qualified Residents
The City’s Food Pantry is open to qualified residents the 1st and 2nd Thursday of every month while supplies last!
Residents can visit once a month to receive a supply of non-perishable food, such as canned vegetables, beans, fruits, meats, pasta, nut butters, jams, baby food and formula.
With COVID-19 safety in mind, the Pantry operates by appointment only on the first and second Thursday of each month. Only one member of a registered household may be served during their scheduled 30-minute session. Masks are required for the duration of each visit.
- When: By appointment only on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, while supplies last
- Where: Call 954-597-3626 to schedule an appointment
- Must be a Tamarac resident
- Must be experiencing a financial hardship
- Must be within these income guidelines*:
*Per City of Tamarac
Additional Upcoming Food Distribution Events
The Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida, at 6501 W. Commercial Blvd., is hosting its food distribution events from 8:00 am – 10:30 a.m. on most Saturdays.
Tamarac Community Farmers Market
- When: Every Sunday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Veteran’s Memorial Park, 7825 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac, Florida
- Cost: Free
- More Information: Click here for more information.
- More Details: The farmer’s market is a great place to shop for fresh produce, tea, honey, sauces, baked goods, hummus, pickles, and other artisanal goodies. At the market, you’ll be able to meet the producers and even sample their locally prepared, all-natural products.
Did You Know?
Sponsor a special event!
Sponsoring a special event is a great marketing approach to reach your desired audience. By partnering with the City of Tamarac, we will provide you with an avenue to promote your business and assist in increasing visibility in the community. Contact the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3624 for more information.
Concert in the Park Band Inquiries
To submit your band’s information for upcoming Concert in the Park events, please email the City and include your band’s name, music genre, and links to your website, YouTube channel, etc. Submission does not guarantee a spot in the concert line-up.
Food Truck and Food Vendor Inquiries
Submit your information by email to be put on the City’s food vendor list.