- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
Sign Up for Tamarac’s Residential Assistance Program
The Residential Assistance Program assists with mortgage, rent, utility payments, and past due HOA fees.
- When: Applications for the 2023 Residential Assistance Program – Round 6 will be available on April 3, 2023, by visiting Tamarac.org/Housing.
- More details: The program will remain open until funds are exhausted. All criteria are available here.
- More information: For more information, please email Carolyn Francis-Royer, MPA, Housing and Community Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-597-3549.
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: April 5, 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: The full agenda is available here; the agenda packet is available here.
Free Tax Preparation Help from Broward Tax Pro
- When: April 1, 10:30 am- 4:30 pm and many additional dates
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: Many additional dates are available; click here for details.
- More information: For more information, please call 954-597-3642.
Summer Camp Registration is Now Open!
Join the fun! Get ready for a fun-filled summer for your children, aged 5–11, at Camp Tamarac. The camp season runs from June 20 – August 4, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., and is held at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Dr.
- When: June 20 – August 4, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Camp is open for children ages 5-11
- Spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration and payment forms are available here. Note that if cannot print the forms, printed copies are now available at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321, or at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- If your child is enrolled, you’ll receive an email confirmation from email@example.com.
- More information: For more information, please click here.
City Pet Food Pantry Is Open
The City of Tamarac’s Pet Food Pantry is now open! If you or someone you know is struggling to feed their cat or dog, help is available. Donations are also welcome.
- When: The 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month while supplies last; the first appointment is at 1:00 pm and the last appointment is at 6:00 pm.
- Where: Donations of non-expired dog and cat food are currently being accepted weekdays from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: Visits are by appointment only. Interested residents must be screened for eligibility prior to scheduling an appointment to complete registration.
- More information: For more information and to complete the registration form, click here or call 954-597-3642 to begin the screening process via phone.
Enhance Your Career Skills in a Growth Industry
The City of Tamarac Economic Development Division is proud to partner with Broward College to promote educational opportunities for Tamarac residents to enhance their career skills in local high-wage growth industries.
The college has received grant funding to offer FREE tuition and books in the “Rapid Credential” program to residents who are currently unemployed, under-employed or furloughed.
More information: To learn more and fill out a pre-qualification form, visit www.broward.edu/rapids.
Your Opinion Counts!
The City of Tamarac is gathering your feedback on the City’s priorities. Residents’ participation in this brief survey is greatly appreciated. All answers are confidential. Click here to share your opinion.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Now Open
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded and must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents.
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has two dozen positions posted, from a Bus Driver – On Call to a Permit Services Supervisor and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Traffic Signal Fiber Optic Upgrades
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is currently still under construction.
- Broward County is managing the project.
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More details: You can find the project fact sheet here.
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here; it includes several projects in Tamarac.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Kimberly Dillon, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321