Reminder: As of June 23, 2021, City Commission meetings are no longer accepting comments by telephone. If you would like to sign up to speak in person, please see the City Clerk prior to start of the meeting.
Parks and Recreation Board
- When: August 3, 4:30 pm
- Where: 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: A summary of the Eastside Feasibility Study will be presented; the full agenda is available here.
- When: August 4, 9:00 am
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, or watch online here
- More details: Once published, the full agenda will be available here
City Seeks Feedback on Community Shuttle Buses and/or Broward County Transit Bus Routes
The City of Tamarac is collecting input from residents about how they access the City’s Community Shuttle Buses (Red or Red Extension Routes) and/or Broward County Transit bus routes.
Please click this link to participate in a brief survey regarding transit services in the City. These answers are collected anonymously. As of this writing, the survey is still open.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from a Benefits Manager to a part-time Office Assistant position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
One More Florida Tax Holiday on the Horizon
- July 31- August 9: Back to School Sales Tax Holiday
According to the Florida Senate, this sales tax holiday will apply to “clothing, footwear, and backpacks costing $60 or less, school supplies costing $15 or less, and the first $1,000 of the sales tax price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories.”
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321