- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Caporella Park is Temporary Closed
- When: Now through the expected completion date of Fall 2023
- More details: The park is undergoing undergoes renovations which include adding a new amphitheater, splashpad and other amenities for guests to enjoy.
Procurement Meeting: 23-02B City Hall Roof Replacement
- When: December 12, 10:30 am
- Where: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
- More details: For the full agenda and information on joining the meeting, click here.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Now Open
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded, and must be the applicant’s primary residence
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has two dozen positions posted, from a Bus Driver – On Call to a Wastewater Service Worker I and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Traffic Signal Fiber Optic Upgrades
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is currently still under construction
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More details: You can find the project fact sheet here.
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here; it includes several projects in Tamarac.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321