- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
Enhance Your Career Skills in a Growth Industry
The City of Tamarac Economic Development Division is proud to partner with Broward College to promote educational opportunities for Tamarac residents to enhance their career skills in local high-wage growth industries.
The college has received grant funding to offer FREE tuition and books in the “Rapid Credential” program to residents who are currently unemployed, under-employed or furloughed.
More information: To learn more and fill out a pre-qualification form, visit www.broward.edu/rapids.
City Commission Workshop – Strategic Planning
- When: February 27, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Park, 7501 N. University Dr., Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: for more information, please call 954-597-3502 or email email@example.com.
- More details: When published, more details will be available here.
Diversity/Equity Advisory Board Meeting
- When: February 27, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Parks and Recreation Administration Building, 6001 N. Nob Hill Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: For more information, please call 954-597-3621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Person Sabal Palm Park Development Community Input Meeting
- When: February 28, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Where: Central Parc Community Pool, 5704 NW 50th Terrace, Tamarac, FL 33319
- More details: Topics to be discussed include:
- Proposed Conceptual Plan and Discussion
- Project Timeline
- Project Background
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: March 1, 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
Kudos to the City of Tamarac Accounting Division
For the 34th year in a row, the City’s Accounting Division has earned the “Excellence in Financial Reporting” for their assiduous work on Tamarac’s Annual Comprehensive Financial Report for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2021.
This prestigious award is granted by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. Founded all the way back in 1906, the Association represents public finance officials throughout both countries, serving over 20,000 members; its stated mission is “to advance excellence in public finance.”
Your Opinion Counts!
The City of Tamarac is gathering your feedback on the City’s priorities. Residents’ participation in this brief survey is greatly appreciated. All answers are confidential. Click here to share your opinion.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Now Open
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded and must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents.
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has two dozen positions posted, from an Enterprise Application Specialist to a Permit Services Supervisor and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Traffic Signal Fiber Optic Upgrades
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is currently still under construction.
- Broward County is managing the project.
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or email@example.com.
- More details: You can find the project fact sheet here.
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here; it includes several projects in Tamarac.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Kimberly Dillon, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321