Parks and Recreation Board
- When: January 4, 4:30 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
Special Magistrate Hearing
When: January 5, 2:00 pm
Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
More details: Click here for the full agenda; note that this will download the PDF of the agenda
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Assistant Director of Community Development to a Senior Fleet Mechanic position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Tamarac Plans to Resume Water Shut-Off Policy on February 22, 2022
Effective February 1, 2022, the City of Tamarac will reinstitute its policy for water shut-offs and late fee assessments on past due accounts. To learn more or to make additional payment arrangements, please contact Customer Service at CustomerServiceDivision@Tamarac.org or (954) 597-3590, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321