Commission Budget Workshop
- When: July 7, 11:00 am
- Where: In-person at Tamarac City Hall Commission Chambers, Conference Room 105, 7515 NW 88th Ave, Tamarac, FL 33321, or watch online
Inspiration Way Ribbon Cutting
- When: July 8, 3:00 pm
- Where: Inspiration Way (On Nob Hill Road between Commercial Boulevard and McNab Road)
- More details:
- Join the City of Tamarac at the ribbon cutting for the newest installation of Inspiration Way, our city’s very own “museum without walls.” This is a temporary sculpture program which promotes the appreciation of fine art, enhances outdoor spaces, and enriches lives.
- There will be a dance performance by Ashanti Cultural Arts
- Light refreshments will be served
- At 3:00 pm, watch artist Anthony Heinz May build his sculpture on-site.
- More information: Attendees can park at the Parks and Recreation Administration building, 6001 N. Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: July 7, 2:00 pm
- Where: In-person at Tamarac City Hall Commission Chambers, 7515 NW 88th Ave, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: The full agenda is here.
- City Commission Meeting
- Sister Cities
Reminder: Two More Florida Tax Holidays on the Horizon
- July 1 – 7: Freedom Week Sales Tax Holiday
- According to the Florida Senate, purchases of admission to many events, including sporting events, cultural event, movies, museums, and much more will be exempt from sales tax during this inaugural “Freedom Week.” In addition, this tax exemption includes the purchase of supplies for camping, boating, and a host of other outdoor activities.
- You can learn more about qualifying purchases here.
- July 31- August 9: Back to School Sales Tax Holiday
According to the Florida Senate, this sales tax holiday will apply to “clothing, footwear, and backpacks costing $60 or less, school supplies costing $15 or less, and the first $1,000 of the sales tax price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories.”
Reminder: May City Commission Meetings: Commissioner Mike Gelin Provides a Video Recap
If you missed the May Commission meetings, District 2 Commissioner Mike Gelin shares a video recap of the meetings here. Commissioner Gelin’s videos will keep residents informed of Commission meeting highlights each month. Recap videos from past months can be viewed on the City’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.