- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
Pine Island Road Sidewalk Replacement Project Nears Completion
This project is expected to be completed the week of May 1. Once the sidewalks are complete, crews will perform minor work on the medians.
- When: Week of May 1
- Where: Along Pine Island Road from Tamarac City Hall to McNab Road
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: May 3, 9:15 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: The full agenda is available here; the agenda packet is available here.
Semi-Annual Community Hazardous Household Waste Recycling Event
This Saturday, you can safely recycle your unneeded electronics and hazardous household waste. Please store your items in your trunk, remain in your vehicle and event staff will retrieve and recycle with minimal contact.
- When: May 6, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: 6011 Nob Hill Rd, Tamarac, FL 33321
- Cost: Free
- More details: A photo ID is required to verify residency in Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, or Tamarac.
Water System Preventive Maintenance In Progress
The City of Tamarac will temporarily return to using free chlorine in the drinking water system.
- When: April 18, 2023 – May 9, 2023
- Where: East Tamarac (East of State Road 7/U.S. 441)
- More details: Free chlorination is a common practice for water systems using combined chlorine disinfection. The chlorination period is anticipated to be transparent to water customers; however, some may notice a slight change in the taste or smell of their tap water.
- More information: Frequently asked questions are available at, org/freechlorinationFAQs. For additional information, please contact the Water Treatment Plant at (954) 597-3775.
Sign Up for Tamarac’s Residential Assistance Program
The Residential Assistance Program assists with mortgage, rent, utility payments, and past due HOA fees.
- When: Applications for the 2023 Residential Assistance Program – Round 6 will be available on April 3, 2023, by visiting Tamarac.org/Housing.
- More details: The program will remain open until funds are exhausted. All criteria are available here.
- More information: For more information, please email Carolyn Francis-Royer, MPA, Housing and Community Development Manager, at email@example.com or call 954-597-3549.
Summer Camp Registration is Now Open!
Join the fun! Get ready for a fun-filled summer for your children, aged 5–11, at Camp Tamarac. The camp season runs from June 20 – August 4, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., and is held at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Dr.
- When: June 20 – August 4, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Camp is open for children ages 5-11
- Spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration and payment forms are available here. Note that if cannot print the forms, printed copies are now available at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321, or at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- If your child is enrolled, you’ll receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information: For more information, please click here.
City Pet Food Pantry Is Open
The City of Tamarac’s Pet Food Pantry is now open! If you or someone you know is struggling to feed their cat or dog, help is available. Donations are also welcome.
- When: The 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month while supplies last; the first appointment is at 1:00 pm and the last appointment is at 6:00 pm.
- Where: Donations of non-expired dog and cat food are currently being accepted weekdays from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm at the Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- More details: Visits are by appointment only. Interested residents must be screened for eligibility prior to scheduling an appointment to complete registration.
- More information: For more information and to complete the registration form, click here or call 954-597-3642 to begin the screening process via phone.
Tamarac Partners with Broward College
This partnership promotes skills training and credentialing opportunities in local growth industries and occupations.
Residents may qualify for free courses or scholarships.
To learn more, visit https://www.broward.edu/browardup/ or https://www.broward.edu/rapid-credentials/.
Your Opinion Counts!
The City of Tamarac is gathering your feedback on the City’s priorities. Residents’ participation in this brief survey is greatly appreciated. All answers are confidential. Click here to share your opinion.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Now Open
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded and must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents.
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has two dozen positions posted, from an Electrical Inspector to a Summer Camp Site Supervisor and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Broward County Mobility Advancement Program Includes Several Tamarac Projects
As of this writing, there are five projects in Tamarac that are part of the Broward County Mobility Advancement initiative. One such project is the 70th Avenue Traffic Calming Project.
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here. The site contains a wealth of information regarding the status, cost, etc. of each project.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:Kimberly Dillon, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321