- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here
Planning Board: May 4 meeting is canceled; the next schedule meeting is June 1
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: May 4, 2:00 pm
- More details: When published, additional details will be available here.
Save the Date: Monthly Meeting with District 1 Commissioner Marlon Bolton
Every month, you have an opportunity to provide one-on-one community feedback to District 1 Commissioner Marlon Bolton.
When: The fourth Wednesday of each month from 4:00 pm to sundown
Where: District 1 Mobile Office, Mainlands Park, 4509 Monterey Dr., Tamarac, FL 33319
Did you know that Tamarac is a certified Florida Green Local Government?
For over a decade, the City of Tamarac has officially been certified as a Florida Green Local Government.
In May 2008, the City was certified as a Silver level Green Local Government; it was the first local South Florida government to achieve this distinction. Two years later, in May 2010, the City reached Gold level certification, one of only two South Florida cities to achieve this designation.
To learn more about the Certification program, visit the Florida Green Building Coalition, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the environment through conservation.
You can view a list of certified green local governments and view specific green achievements by each government by use the Florida Green Building Coalition project search database here: https://floridagreenbuilding.org/local-governments.
Construction Continues at Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard
- When: Broward County’s Highway Construction and Engineering Division construction is expected to conclude in September 2022.
- Where: The intersection of Nob Hill Road and Southgate Boulevard
- More details:
The project will include:
- Additional storage capacity for the eastbound, westbound, and southbound left turning lanes
- Drainage improvements
- Construction of mast arm supported traffic signalization
- Milling and resurfacing and upgraded pedestrian ramps, signage, and pavement markings
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from Fleet Mechanic II to a Technical Support Services Manager and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321