- When: December 1, 9:00 am
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 NW 88 Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, or watch online here
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: December 1, 2:00 pm
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 NW 88 Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More information: To view the agenda, click here
Provide Your Input on the City’s First Social Justice Wall
Tamarac is looking for residents’ input as its Public Art Committee prepares to erect the city’s first Social Justice Wall, designed by artist Michael Parker.
This public art initiative will include portraits and quotes from Social Justice leaders which highlight their contributions in the fight for equality in communities across the country
Tamarac residents of all ages are invited to submit the name of the social justice leader who inspires them most. This person can represent any race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or era in U.S. history.
The nominees submitted by residents can represent local, state, or national communities.
All residents are invited to share input. Middle school students who reside in Tamarac are encouraged to participate through the Youth Outreach Essay Contest. Resident input and essay contest entries must be submitted by Friday, December 3 to PublicArt@Tamarac.org.
City of Tamarac Resident Survey Results Are in!
According to the key findings, Tamarac residents say that the city scores high marks in several areas, including but not limited to the following:
- “Residents feel safer than they did in 2018
- Fire and emergency medical service quality and response times continue to be
- Residents think the City is cleaner and looks better
- Residents appreciate the quality of the Parks and Recreation services
- Tamarac is communicating well with the community”
To view the full results, click here.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from a Building Maintenance Technician to a Structural Inspector position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321