Public Art Committee
- When: October 19, 4:30 pm
- Where: Tamarac City Hall Conference Room 204, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: October 20, 2:00 pm
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
Special City Commission Meeting
- When: October 20, 6:00 pm
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321 or watch online here
Sister Cities Committee
- When: October 21, 4:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac City Hall Conference Room 105, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: Learn more about Sister Cities International here; view our previous post about Tamarac’s participation in this organization here.
Reminder: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
On October 9 and 23, Broward Health is offering FREE mammograms and mocktails to qualified participants at the Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
You must be pre-qualified and registered in advance for this mammogram screening. To be screened and registered for this event please call 954.762.3649.
Visit Broward Health to learn more about additional available resources.
Ongoing Pine Island Road Traffic Signal Improvements
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from a Groundskeeper I to a Structural Inspector position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321