- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board
- When: October 23, 4:00 pm
- Where: Parks and Recreation Administration Building, 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: The full agenda is available here.
- When: October 25, 9:30 am
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details: When published, more details will be available here.
- More information: For more information, please call 954-597-3504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commissioner Villalobos’ Free Citizenship Drive
Did you know? Becoming a U.S. citizen presents numerous advantages compared to being a permanent resident. One of the most significant benefits is that you don’t have to worry about renewing your green card, which significantly reduces the risk of deportation. It also simplifies travel and reentry into the U.S., allows more family members to immigrate, and grants you the right to vote, run for public office, receive tax benefits, and obtain a U.S. passport.
Join District 3 Commissioner Elvin Villalobos at this free citizenship drive.
- When: October 21, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351
- More details (please click here to carefully review the requirements):
- Citizenship requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Legal permanent resident for at least five years, or three years if married to a U.S. citizen.
- What to bring (please click here to carefully review the list):
- Green card
- All passports used in the last five years.
- Home/School/Employment History for the last five years (or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)
- Children’s information (date of birth and address)
- Marital history (information about your past spouses)
- If you have been arrested, cited, or given a ticket, you must bring your Certificate of Disposition for each incident.
- More information:
- For more information, please call the hotline at 1-888-600-5762
- You may also pre-register and learn more about the full requirements here.
- Citizenship requirements:
Quarterly HOA Liaison Meeting
Condominium board members – you’re invited to Tamarac’s next HOA liaison quarterly meeting for a Condo Board Member certification course that provides two CEUs in IFM for CAMS.
- When: October 26, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- Cost: Free
- More details:
- More information: Click here to reserve your spot.
Make Your Voice Heard: Tamarac’s Multimodal Transportation Connectivity Masterplan
The City of Tamarac is currently working on a Multimodal Transportation Connectivity Masterplan that aims to improve transportation options and enhance mobility throughout the city.
- When: The first meeting is scheduled for October 18, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33351
- More information:
- For more information and/or to book your ride to the meeting, email the City of Tamarac’s Transportation Department at MoveTamarac@Tamarac.org or call (954) 597-3649 to book your ride to the meeting.
- To take a survey and share your thoughts on transportation, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/27HYVQT.
Free Chlorination Continues
The City of Tamarac will temporarily return to using free chlorine in the drinking water system serving West Tamarac.
Free chlorination is a common practice for water systems using combined chlorine disinfection. The chlorination period is anticipated to be transparent to water customers; however, some may notice a slight change in the taste or smell of their tap water.
- When: October 17 through November 7
- Where: West Tamarac (west of State Road 7/U.S. 441)
- More information: For more information, please call the Water Treatment Plant at (954) 597-3775 or click here.
Share Your Thoughts About Tamarac’s Residential Recycling and Trash Collection Services
The City of Tamarac is conducting a survey to learn more about residents’ residential recycling and trash collection services. Your input is crucial in helping the city understand and improve overall residential trash collection experience.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program Has Re-Opened!
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded and must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents.
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Free CodeRED Alerts From the City of Tamarac
Did you know? Tamarac offers free CodeRED alerts to notify citizens of emergency alerts like critical weather notices and boil water alerts. Visit www.Tamarac.me/CodeRED to register for these FREE notifications, which are even more important during hurricane season, in addition to the temperature extremes we’ve seen this summer.
You can learn more about CodeRED, as well as find other valuable storm prep tips, in our July 2022 post.
Join the Tamarac Citizen Observer Patrol Park Unit!
Broward Sheriff’s Office Citizen Observer Patrol (COPS) are community volunteers who help deputies keep our parks and neighborhoods safe. These COPS patrol with a hands-off approach and report suspicious activity.
More information: For more information on volunteering for the Tamarac District, please contact Deputy Jennifer Marion at (954)247-6016 or Jennifer_Marion@sheriff.org.
Sign Up for Tamarac’s Residential Assistance Program
The Residential Assistance Program assists with mortgage, rent, utility payments, and past due HOA fees.
- When: Applications for the 2023 Residential Assistance Program – Round 6 were made available on April 3, 2023, by visiting Tamarac.org/Housing.
- More details: The program will remain open until funds are exhausted. All criteria are available here.
- More information: For more information, please email Carolyn Francis-Royer, MPA, Housing and Community Development Manager, at email@example.com or call 954-597-3549.
Tamarac Renews its Partnership with Broward College
This partnership promotes skills training and credentialing opportunities for qualifying residents in local growth industries and occupations.
If you are a Tamarac resident who is unemployed/underemployed/furloughed, you are eligible for free Rapid Credentials programs at Broward College.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has many positions posted, from a Community Engagement Liaison to Recreation Programmer I and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Broward County Mobility Advancement Program Includes Several Tamarac Projects
As of this writing, there are five projects in Tamarac that are part of the Broward County Mobility Advancement initiative. One such project is the 70th Avenue Traffic Calming Project.
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here. The site contains a wealth of information regarding the status, cost, etc. of each project.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Kimberly Dillon, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321