- As of this writing, no meetings are scheduled for the week of October 3.
- For the most up-to-date information on City meetings, including full agendas, cancellations, changes of venue, or changes to times/dates, visit the City’s “Meetings” page here.
City of Tamarac 2nd Public Budget Hearing: View the On-Demand Video
An on-demand video recording of the City of Tamarac’s 2nd Public Budget Hearing, which took place Thursday, September 22, 2022, is now available.
To view, please click this link: https://tamaracfl.new.swagit.com/videos/185015.
Tamarac Has Resumed Drinking Water System Free Chlorination in East Tamarac
The City of Tamarac will temporarily return to using free chlorine in the drinking water system serving east Tamarac (east of State Road 7/U.S. 441).
Free chlorination is a common practice for water systems using combined chlorine disinfection. The chlorination period is anticipated to be transparent to water customers; however, some may notice a slight change in the taste or smell of their tap water.
- When: September 20, 9:00 am through October 11, 2022, 9:00 am
- Where: East Tamarac (east of State Road 7/U.S. 441)
- More information:
- Frequently asked questions are available at tamarac.org/freechlorinationFAQs. For additional information, please contact the Water Treatment Plant at (954) 597-3775.
- For more information about free chlorination, visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/global/household-water-treatment/chlorine-residual-testing.html.
Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Now Open
- More details:
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- The property must be homesteaded, and must be the applicant’s primary residence
- Applicants are required to sign 15-Year Recapture loan documents
- Visit tamarac.org/425 for additional details and the program application.
Anticipated Procurement Opportunities Available for Various Vendors
Did you know? There are many opportunities to bid on projects led by the City of Tamarac and other City partners on a variety of projects.
Click here for a list of currently anticipated opportunities.
- Bidders can register to receive bid notifications and to download solicitations.
- For further information or clarification regarding these solicitations, please contact Tamarac’s Purchasing and Contracts Division at (954) 597-3570.
Free Income Support Services Available
Hispanic Unity of Florida, in partnership with the City of Tamarac, will begin providing a Navigator to assist residents with applying to several programs, including:
- Affordable Care Act/Obamacare
- Florida KidCare
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- When: Every Monday, beginning on July 11th and ending on October 10th, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351
- More information: Please call 954-597-3642
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Enterprise Application Specialist to a Senior Accountant and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The city offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the city’s employee benefits, click here.
Ongoing Traffic Signal Fiber Optic Upgrades
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2, 2021. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project was expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
Note: You can find all of the Broward County Municipal Capital Projects here; it includes several projects in Tamarac.
- The public may watch meetings online through the city’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the city website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321