This week, City business is in full swing, with meetings nearly every day. Be sure to get involved and learn what’s happening at City Hall!
Reminder: Learn About the City’s Budget
As the City’s fiscal year comes to a close on September 30, the City of Tamarac is hard at work on the upcoming year’s budget. You can also view a series of short, informative videos that explain the important components of the budget. The videos are available here, and cover these topics:
- Property Taxes
- TRIM Notices
- Capital Improvement Program
- Revenue Sources
For more information about the budget process, visit the Tamarac Management and Budget page.
BSO Tamarac Traffic Unit Monitoring Begins
According to the Florida Department of Transportation, “the most frequently cited aggressive driving violations are speeding and running red lights. Aggressive driving also includes improper and unsafe lane changes, improper passing, following too closely, failure to yield right-of-way and failing to obey traffic control devices.”
As part of an ongoing campaign, the BSO Tamarac Traffic Unit will be monitoring and citing any and all offenders in an effort to keep City residents safe on our roadways.
City Commission Workshop
- When: September 20, 10:00 am
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7515 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Bid Closing 21-02B: Citywide Culvert Headwall Improvement Project Phase VI
- When: September 21, 3:00 pm
- Where: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
- More details: this is a “VIRTUAL” Bid Closing ceremony meeting
Public Art Committee
- When: September 21, 4:30 pm
- Where: City Hall Conference Room 204, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
City Commission Meeting
- When: September 22, 7:00 pm
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321 or watch online here
- More details: When published, the full agenda will be available here
Development Review Committee
- When: September 23, 9:15 am
- Where: City Hall Conference Room 105, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Dunkin Donuts Major Site Plan application
- 5601 North Hiatus Road Industrial Project Major Site Plan application
- The full agenda is available here
- When: September 23, 4:30 pm
- Where: Commission Chamber, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
Round 5 of Enrollment for Tamarac’s Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program is Open
- Homeowners must meet and verify income requirements to qualify.
- Visit Tamarac.org/367 for additional details and the program application.
Traffic Signal Improvements Coming to Pine Island Road
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
- Construction Engineering and Inspection: Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. Felix Garcia, CEI Project Administrator: 954-895-8535 or FGarcia@cgasolutions.com.
- Broward County Project Management: Chris Masullo, Project Manager, 954-847-2676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Accounting Clerk to an On-Call Structural Inspector position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321