Reminder: Learn About the City’s Budget
As the City’s fiscal year comes to a close on September 30, the City of Tamarac is hard at work on the upcoming year’s budget. You can also view a series of short, informative videos that explain the important components of the budget. The videos are available here, and cover these topics:
- Property Taxes
- TRIM Notices
- Capital Improvement Program
- Revenue Sources
For more information about the budget process, visit the Tamarac Management and Budget page.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Board
- When: September 27, 4:30 pm
- Where: 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321
- More details:
- Items to be discussed include:
- Discussion of Board Goals and Objectives
- Selection of Chair and Vice Chair
- The full agenda is available here
Final Public Budget Hearing
- When: September 28, 5:05 pm
This is the Final Public Budget Hearing to set the FY 2022 Tentative Millage Rate, and Tentative FY 2022 Operating and Capital Budget and Adopt the Final Non-Ad Valorem Assessment
City Offers Individual Counseling
- Tamarac residents can receive free limited sessions with a licensed mental health therapist.
- For more information, call counselors Lakshmi at (954) 655-7040 or Jessica at (954) 317-9460 to make an appointment.
- Please leave your name and phone number and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- For more information, visit https://www.tamarac.org/573/Social-Services
- Learn more about all of Tamarac’s Social Services programs here.
Traffic Signal Improvements Coming to Pine Island Road
This project, which will upgrade the existing traffic signal communications from cellular to high-speed fiber-optics along Pine Island Road from Oakland Park Boulevard to McNab Road, began on August 2. The upgrades are part of the Mobility Advancement Program (MAP) Broward, formerly known as the “Penny for Transportation” program, and is Broward County’s transportation surtax approved by voters in 2018.
- The project is expected to be completed in July 2022
- Broward County is managing the project
- Contractor: Horsepower Electric, Inc.
- Contacts for Concerns or Emergencies:
Tamarac is Hiring!
As of this writing, the City of Tamarac has over a dozen positions posted, from an Administrative Coordinator: Mayor and Commission to a Utilities Service Worker position and many more. Applicants can check out available positions here.
If you’re interested in a particular position and don’t see any current openings, you can sign up for job alerts here.
The City offers a variety of benefits, including financial benefits such as pension plans, credit union memberships; health benefits including group policies and sick leave; and personal benefits such as an Education Assistance Program and personal/vacation leave.
To explore the City’s employee benefits, click here.
- The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
- Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
- Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
- In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
- The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
- Any member of the public, wishing to comment publicly on the record, on any matter, may sign up with the City Clerk before or during the meeting. If any member of the public requires additional information about this City Commission meeting or has any questions about how to sign up or submit a comment at the meeting, please contact:
Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk
City of Tamarac
7525 NW 88th Avenue
Tamarac, FL 33321