Did you know that the City of Tamarac offers grants for minor repairs to residents living in owner-occupied homes?
Top Things to Know About the Grant Program
- What is the 2020 Open Enrollment Period?
- August 17, 2020 @ 8 a.m. – August 28, 2020 @ 5 p.m.
- How are Grant Recipients Chosen?
- City staff will randomly draw names for applications to be reviewed for eligibility
- If your name is drawn, you’ll need to submit all necessary documents, including household income verification, with the specified timeframe
- What Are the Requirements to Apply?
- The property must be your primary residence
- The property must be homesteaded
- The property must be located within the City of Tamarac
- Applicants must meet the income requirements set by grant funding source(s)
- Applicants are required to sign Recapture Loan Document(s)
- Applicants must be able to verify income and assets
Where Is the Grant Money From?
There are three sources for this grant funding:
- Federal Funds: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- County/Federal Funds: Broward County Housing Finance and Community Development Division – HOME Funds
- State: Florida Housing Finance Corporation – State Housing Initiatives Programs (SHIP) Funds
Remember, funding availability depends on the funds being awarded from the above sources.
Where Can I Learn More?
For more information, you can:
- Visit https://tamarac.org/425/Home-Rehabilitation
- Contact the Housing Division at 7525 NW 88th Avenue Room 206, Tamarac, FL 33321-2401
- Call the Housing Division at 954-597-3549
You can subscribe to the Housing Program List to be notified when the Housing Assistance Program is reopened, and sign up for many other important city updates as well, by visiting https://tamarac.org/list.aspx.