The September/October issue of the Tam-A-Gram, the City of Tamarac’s official publication, is available online.
As always, the Tam-A-Gram is chock-full of useful information for residents, businesses, and visitors alike, including important phone numbers, available services, online class schedules for kids and adults, and much more.
Here are just a few highlights of the September/October 2020 issue:
New Landscape Irrigation Restrictions to Conserve Water
At the time of publication, the City Commission was expected to pass a new ordinance to help conserve water. The ordinance is consistent with mandatory measures already required by the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD). Here are the highlights of the ordinance, according to the Tam-A-Gram:
- Landscape irrigation is not allowed between 10 am and 4 pm and can only be conducted two days per week
- Property owners with even-numbered addresses can water on Thursdays and/or Sundays
- Property owners with odd-numbered addresses may do so on Wednesdays and/or Saturdays
- Locations without addresses, such as rights-of-way, can be irrigated on the same day as even-numbered addresses.
- Exceptions are made for special circumstances, such as when new landscaping is installed and places of worship that don’t want to water when they hold services. Another example is properties with “smart” weather-based irrigation controllers capable of deciding which two days per week are best to water.
- For more information, call (954) 597-3700
A Taste of Philly Here in Tamarac
Have you checked out Mrs. SweetWater’s? Opened in June in the Tamarac Town Square Plaza on Pine Island Road, Mrs. SweetWater’s is run by husband-and-wife team Chris and Kristen Sweetwater, Philadelphians who moved to South Florida in 2017. Mrs. SweetWater’s serves delicious Italian ices, and there’s no doubt that these are authentic “Philly” Italian ices. After arriving in South Florida, the Sweetwaters attempted to make this beloved treat and could not quite recreate the flavors. Instead, Chris’s Philadelphia family ships the ices directly here from Philadelphia. Yum! Visit https://mrssweetwaters.com/ for more information.
Tamarac Village Is Off and Running
“Tamarac Village, the City’s long awaited and much anticipated ‘downtown’ mixed-use hub, is becoming a reality with the first phase nearing completion. Tamarac Village is a catalyzing project for redevelopment throughout the City. It sets the standard for what the City wishes to see from new projects moving forward.
Phase 1 consists of the clubhouse, streetscaping on NW 57th Street and seven residential buildings offering a total of 211 one to three-bedroom rental apartment homes ranging from 800 – 1,485 square feet.”
The City welcomes reader questions and comments on the Tam-A-Gram. You can send your comments via U.S. Mail to:
Public Information Office
7525 NW 88th Ave. Tamarac, Florida 33321
You can also comment by emailing the Public Information Office at PIO@Tamarac.org.