Reminder: East Tamarac Free Chlorination Runs Through April 27
Beginning April 6, the City of Tamarac temporarily returned to using free chlorine in the drinking water system serving east Tamarac (east of State Road 7/U.S. 441).
- When: This preventive maintenance procedure began at 9 am on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, and will end at 9 am on Tuesday, April 27, 2021.
- What: Free chlorination is a common practice for water systems using combined chlorine disinfection. The chlorination period is anticipated to be transparent to water customers; however, some may notice a slight change in the taste or smell of their tap water.
- More information: If you have any questions, please call the Water Treatment Plant at (954) 597-3775.
City Commission Workshop
- When: April 28, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Where: Virtual; watch online at this link
- More information: Note that “Sign up to speak by phone” is unavailable for this workshop.
City Commission Meeting
- When: April 28, 7:00 pm
- Where: Virtual; watch online at this link
- More information:
Solicitation Opening – 21-15R – Design Build Caporella Park Enhancements
- When: April 29, 3:00 pm
- Where: Virtual; join the meeting via Microsoft teams here
- More information: Note that “Sign up to speak by phone” is unavailable for this meeting.
City of Tamarac 2021 First-Time Homebuyers Purchase Assistance Program Opens May 3
- When: Online applications will be available beginning May 3; the program runs until funds are exhausted
- Where: Applications will be available here
- More details:
- The home must be used as your primary residence
- Funds may be used to assist with closing costs and to lower the first mortgage loan amount
- Cannot have owned a home within the last three years
- Property must be located within the City of Tamarac
- Minimum down payment is 1%
- Additional details are available at https://tamarac.org/367/Housing-Administration
Reminder: It’s Never Too Early to Prepare for Hurricane Season!
The beginning of hurricane season is June 1. Did you know that Broward County maintains a Vulnerable Population Registry? According to the County website, “You should pre-register in the Vulnerable Population Registry if you are at risk due to a disability, frailty, or health issue, regardless of age, AND you elect to stay at home in the event of a hurricane or other emergency. Registration should be in advance, and before a storm threatens. The Registry is used by municipalities for planning purposes only, and is not a guarantee of assistance. Register online, or by calling the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000 (TTY 954-831-3890), or by contacting your municipality’s emergency management agency.” Click here for Tamarac Emergency Management information.
The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
Note that Tamarac has transitioned back to in-person meetings [in some cases]. Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
Amended for Virtual Meetings
- Email comments to CityClerk@Tamarac.org. All comments submitted by email, that if read orally, are three minutes or less shall be read into the record. All comments submitted by email shall be made part of the public record.
- Submit comments online during the meeting through the City of Tamarac’s Facebook page.
- Comment via telephone by registering online at https://www.Tamarac.org/SignUp. Individuals who register will be contacted by telephone at the appropriate time during the meeting to offer their public comments.
For additional information about virtual meetings and how to submit comments, please contact Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, (954) 597-3505, email@example.com.