Tamarac partners with Broward UP to provide free educational opportunities for residents
Tamarac is proud to partner with Broward College to provide free educational opportunities to our residents. Classes begin in April; space is limited.
- Upcoming April virtual classes include:
- Instructor-led Manufacturing class
- Social Media Marketing for Beginners
- Sales Fundamentals Workshop
- Business Brand Development Workshop
- Healthcare Courses (for eligible zip codes)
- Cost: Free
- More details: For you online application, please select SHERMAN GANT, Broward College Case Manager assigned to Tamarac.
- To apply: Visit https://tinyurl.com/y3g7d8yw to apply.
To learn more, visit https://www.broward.edu/browardup/index.html.
Parks and Recreation Board
- When: April 6, 4:30 pm
- Where: In-person, Coconut Palm Room, Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33351
- More information: The full agenda is available here.
- When: April 7, 9:00 am
- Where: Virtual; to view the meeting online, click here.
- When: April 7, 2:00 pm
- Where: In-person, City Commission Chambers, 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321
Medical Marijuana Summit
- When: April 8, 6:00 pm
- More details: More details will be available here
Proposal Opening – 21-12R Sports Complex – Tephford Park Play Surface Replacement
- When: April 8, 3:00 pm
- Where: Virtual; to join the meeting online, click here.
Online Tax Preparation Sessions with Vita Tax: Additional Sessions
- File your taxes with Certified Tax Professionals; visit vitataxesfree.org, and choose the language of your choice: “English, Spanish, or Creole”.
- Follow the instructions and upload the requested documents.
- Our Broward Tax Pro/IRS Certified staff will take over once information and documents have been uploaded.
- Taxes are prepared, reviewed, and returned for signature.
- Tax returns are electronically sent to the IRS. An electronic copy will be sent once the tax return is submitted.
- The Tax Hotline is (954) 678-6882.
This week’s sessions are as follows (choose one):
- April 5, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- April 6, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- April 7, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- April 8, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Virtual
- More information: Visit https://www.tamarac.org/calendar.aspx
The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
Note that Tamarac has transitioned back to in-person meetings [in some cases]. Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
Amended for Virtual Meetings
- Email comments to CityClerk@Tamarac.org. All comments submitted by email, that if read orally, are three minutes or less shall be read into the record. All comments submitted by email shall be made part of the public record.
- Submit comments online during the meeting through the City of Tamarac’s Facebook page.
- Comment via telephone by registering online at https://www.Tamarac.org/SignUp. Individuals who register will be contacted by telephone at the appropriate time during the meeting to offer their public comments.
For additional information about virtual meetings and how to submit comments, please contact Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, (954) 597-3505, firstname.lastname@example.org.