Public Art Committee Meeting
- When: March 16, 4:30 pm
- Where: Virtual*
- More information:
- To watch online, visit https://tamarac.org/604/City-Commission-Meetings—Live-Webcasts
Special Magistrate Hearing
- When: March 17, 2:00 pm
- Where: Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave, Tamarac, FL 33321
Information Session: Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development Kauffman NewVenture™ Entrepreneur Development Program for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- When: March 17, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Where: Virtual
- More details:
- This free program is designed to guide aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs on the path to success. At the end of the course, all completed business plans will be evaluated and the top three will be eligible to compete for seed money grants.
- Applying for NewVenture™ is free and open to Broward County residents.
- Space in the NewVenture™ Program is limited to 15 participants; this is a competitive application process.
- NEW for 2021! The upcoming NewVenture™ course will be all VIRTUAL. Accepted applicants MUST have computer access to participate.
- NewVenture™ sessions will be held on several Wednesdays from 6 to 8PM for accepted applicants ONLY and will culminate in a Graduation and Pitch Day.
- More information: Click here to register for the information session
Online Tax Preparation Sessions with Vita Tax: Additional Sessions
- File your taxes with Certified Tax Professionals; visit vitataxesfree.org, and choose the language of your choice: “English, Spanish, or Creole”.
- Follow the instructions and upload the requested documents.
- Our Broward Tax Pro/IRS Certified staff will take over once information and documents have been uploaded.
- Taxes are prepared, reviewed, and returned for signature.
- Tax returns are electronically sent to the IRS. An electronic copy will be sent once the tax return is submitted.
- The Tax Hotline is (954) 678-6882.
This week’s sessions are as follows (choose one):
- March 15, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- March 16, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- March 17, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- March 18, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Virtual
- More information: Visit https://www.tamarac.org/calendar.aspx
The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
Note that Tamarac has transitioned back to in-person meetings [in some cases]. Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
Amended for Virtual Meetings
- Email comments to CityClerk@Tamarac.org. All comments submitted by email, that if read orally, are three minutes or less shall be read into the record. All comments submitted by email shall be made part of the public record.
- Submit comments online during the meeting through the City of Tamarac’s Facebook page.
- Comment via telephone by registering online at https://www.Tamarac.org/SignUp. Individuals who register will be contacted by telephone at the appropriate time during the meeting to offer their public comments.
For additional information about virtual meetings and how to submit comments, please contact Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, (954) 597-3505, email@example.com.