City Accepting Applications for New Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Board
- Attention Tamarac residents! Do you want to serve your community? The City is accepting applications from Tamarac residents interested in serving on its new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Board.
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Board has been established to strengthen community connections among diverse groups, foster cultural activity and create inclusive projects and programs enhancing the quality of life here in Tamarac.
- Board members will make recommendations to the City Commission on diversity and equity strategies as well as on initiatives that will promote appreciation, acceptance and respect for cultural and ability differences.
- Please note that members serve without compensation.
- Apply by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 26, by visiting tamarac.org/147.
City of Tamarac Summer Jobs Program Openings
Are you looking for a summer job? The City of Tamarac is looking to fill multiple staffing positions for its summer program. The City’s day camp will run from June 14th – August 6th. Visit www.Tamarac.me/Jobs to learn more!
Diane Glasser Memorial Scholarship Applications Now Available for District 4 Residents
Attention students! Do you need help paying for postsecondary education? Commissioner Debra Placko is proud to announce the Diane Glasser Memorial Scholarship, where two District 4 residents will be rewarded with $2,500 scholarships to be used toward their academic endeavors. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2021. Visit www.Tamarac.me/Scholarship4 for full details.
City Commission Workshop
- When: March 24, 5:00 pm
- Where: Virtual*
- More information: To watch online, visit https://tamarac.org/604/City-Commission-Meetings—Live-Webcasts
City Commission Meeting
- When: March 24, 7:00 pm
- Where: Virtual*
- More information:
- To watch online, visit https://tamarac.org/604/City-Commission-Meetings—Live-Webcasts
- To sign up to speak, click here
- To view the agenda once it is posted, click here
Solicitation Opening – 21-11B – Fiber Network Expansion (Phase 2) andSolicitation Opening – 21-15R/Build Caporella Park Enhancements (Immediately following 21-11B)
- When: March 25, 3:00 pm
- Where: Virtual
- More information: To join the meeting via Microsoft Teams, click here
- More details: To view the full agenda for 21-11B, click here
Online Tax Preparation Sessions with Vita Tax: Additional Sessions
- File your taxes with Certified Tax Professionals; visit vitataxesfree.org, and choose the language of your choice: “English, Spanish, or Creole”.
- Follow the instructions and upload the requested documents.
- Our Broward Tax Pro/IRS Certified staff will take over once information and documents have been uploaded.
- Taxes are prepared, reviewed, and returned for signature.
- Tax returns are electronically sent to the IRS. An electronic copy will be sent once the tax return is submitted.
- The Tax Hotline is (954) 678-6882.
This week’s sessions are as follows (choose one):
- March 22, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- March 23, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- March 24, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- March 25, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Virtual
- More information: Visit https://www.tamarac.org/calendar.aspx
The public may watch meetings online through the City’s website (https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings), or via Facebook Live.
Note that Tamarac has transitioned back to in-person meetings [in some cases]. Unless otherwise indicated, in-person meetings are held in the Commission Chamber at 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, Florida. If you’re planning to attend a meeting in-person, please be aware that seating is limited in accordance with CDC guidelines, and attendees are required to wear a mask.
Upcoming public meetings are listed on the City website at https://www.tamarac.org/1113/Meetings, along with their respective agendas, links to watch the meetings online, and links to sign up for public participation if applicable.
In addition, here’s important information about City Commission meetings:
The City Commission holds a workshop meeting on the Monday prior to each regular commission meeting at 9:30 am in City Hall, Conference Room 105, where agenda items are discussed at length. Regular commission meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm or 9:30 am, respectively, in the City Hall Commission Chambers. Special topic workshops are scheduled as needed.
Amended for Virtual Meetings
- Email comments to CityClerk@Tamarac.org. All comments submitted by email, that if read orally, are three minutes or less shall be read into the record. All comments submitted by email shall be made part of the public record.
- Submit comments online during the meeting through the City of Tamarac’s Facebook page.
- Comment via telephone by registering online at https://www.Tamarac.org/SignUp. Individuals who register will be contacted by telephone at the appropriate time during the meeting to offer their public comments.
For additional information about virtual meetings and how to submit comments, please contact Jennifer Johnson, City Clerk, 7525 NW 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, (954) 597-3505, email@example.com.