Beginning October 5, the City of Tamarac is offering swim lessons for children three years old and up. There are three levels of classes which meet at various times throughout the week:
- Tot: Designed for children ages 3-5; among the skills children will learn are:
- How to ask for permission to enter the water
- Floating with assistance
- Level 1: Designed for children five years old and up who have minimal lesson experience. Some of the skills children will learn are:
- Independent submersion
- Arm paddling
- Safe water entry and exit
- Level 2: Designed for children ages five years old and up who have passed Level 1 skills and/or are older in age without past swimming experience. Among other skills, they will learn:
- Foundational swimming skills
- Surface dives
Participation requirements for all levels:
- Take a swim test
- Provide a birth certificate at registration
The program costs $45 for residents and $55 for non-residents. For more information or to register, call (954) 597-3660.
For a complete schedule as well as additional details, visit the City’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tamarac.florida/photos/a.629073603810966/3530972510287713/.