Take Ten Minutes, Part 1: The U.S. Census
As you may have heard, the deadline for responding to the 2020 U.S. Census has been extended until October 31. If you haven’t yet responded, set aside just ten minutes (that’s all it takes) in the next couple of weeks to complete your Census form.
As Vice Mayor Marlon Bolton reminds us in this video, “The clock is ticking.” Vice Mayor Bolton also points out that the Census information helps our city in so many areas, including:
- Emergency Planning
- Public Safety
- Public Transportation
- …and much, much more
Important Things to Remember:
- Your citizenship and/or homeowner status is irrelevant; everyone counts, including young children
- The Census is prohibited by law from sharing your personal information with anyone
- Your answers are kept private, by law, for 72 years
So, take 10 minutes, do your civic duty, and help shape our city’s future! Visit https://www.census.gov/ to complete your form, or learn how to complete it by mail or other methods.
Take Ten Minutes, Part 2: Vote!
Early Voting is right around the corner! And while voting may take more than ten minutes, it’s more important than ever to ensure that your voice is heard.
Here are the important details:
- First Day of Early Voting: Monday, Oct. 19, 2020
- Last Day of Early Voting: Sunday, Nov. 1, 2020
- Early Voting Hours: Early Voting sites are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Number of Early Voting Sites in Broward County: 22
- Early Voting Site in Tamarac: The Tamarac Branch Library, 8701 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351
Where can registered voters vote during early voting?
During early voting, registered voters can vote at any one of the county’s 22 Early Voting locations. Click here for the full list of Early Voting sites in Broward County., please visit the Broward County Supervisor of Elections website at.
Election Day Voting:
- Election Day: Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020
- Polling location hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Important Note about where to vote on Election Day: Residents who vote in-person on Election Day MUST vote at their assigned polling location. The City of Tamarac has 24 polling locations located in neighborhoods throughout the city. To find your polling location, please visit browardsoe.org.
- Can I still request a Vote-by-Mail ballot? Yes, but hurry! The last day to request a domestic ballot by mail is Oct. 24, 2020. For more information, please visit browardsoe.org.
- Where can I learn more? Visit https://www.tamarac.org/406/Election-Information.