Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap notes that the Broward County Library offers “Online interactive tutoring assistance for schoolwork [as well as] online employment assistance.”
While most of these services require that you have a Broward County Library card, the card is free, and it’s easy to apply. You can apply online for a library card at https://www.broward.org/Library/Services/Pages/LibraryCard.aspx.
The library offers a wide range of help for students; here’s just a small sampling:
- Live homework help from Brainfuse, which provides “Free, live tutoring/skill-building in math, science, social studies, English, foreign language and writing for students K-12/college and adult learners.”
- Hours: Daily from 11:00am to 11:55 pm
- Also available in Spanish
- In addition to live tutoring, Brainfuse offers many additional resources
- Dial-A-Story: This free service offered by the Broward County Library features four different stories, which are changed every other week. The stories are “professionally recorded and feature contemporary tales, timeless classics and favorite fairy and folk tales that are geared toward young children for loads of fun.”
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Notes: To hear the latest stories, call 954-357-7777
- The Florida Electronic Library: Founded in 2003, the Library has provided Floridians with nearly 200 million articles, eBooks, videos, and other electronic resources.
- Axis 360, which provides eBooks for children and teens
Be sure to check out the vast array of resources available for children, teens and adults from the Broward County Library System at https://www.broward.org/Library/Pages/Default.aspx.