At 5:05 pm today, the City’s first public budget hearing will be held virtually. You can watch the meeting online via the City’s website or on their Facebook page.
This is the first Public Budget Hearing; the purpose of these hearings is to set the FY 2021 Tentative Millage Rate as well as the Tentative FY 2021 Operating and Capital Budget. This is also the process by which the Final Non-Ad Valorem Assessment Resolutions will be adopted.
By the Numbers
65,000: the approximate population of Tamarac
- $200 million: the FY 2020 adopted budget
- $65,400,000: The amount paid in taxes by Florida Power & Light, the city’s largest taxpayer (for the last year for which figures were available)
- Other companies among the city’s largest taxpayers, and the amount they paid in taxes, include:
- $46.6 million: Advance Business Associates
- $36.0 million: Coral Vista Investors, LLC
- $35.0 million: BHG Univ Club on the Green
- $28.2 million: Sunshine MZL, LLC
- 137 miles: Miles of streets maintained
- 82 miles: Miles of Storm Drainage maintained
- 509 miles: Miles of waterways maintained
Tamarac’s Top 10 Employers
University Hospital & Medical Center
City of Tamarac
Richline Group Inc.
Arrigo Sawgrass Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Ram
Sonny’s CarWash Factory
Interplex Sunbelt Inc.
KSM Electronics Inc.
For more information about the City’s FY 2020 budget, visit: https://www.tamarac.org/DocumentCenter/View/8444/FY-2020-Annual-Budget—DAC-version-2?bidId=